11/12/2008

Power Teaching

I watched this video on "Power Teaching" http://www.utsa.edu/tlc/Video.html and I'm not sure what to think about it. My first impression was "this is cool!" but after thinking about it, I'm not sure. Students are certainly awake, engaged and seem happy, but I'm wondering if this method gets just as monotonous as a straight lecture. There's not a lot of reflection and although students are "active" I'm not sure this method allows studets to "interact" with the content. Somehow I have the impression of trained monkeys. What do other people think? Has anyone tried it?

3 comments:

  1. Seems to promote rote memorization...he's not checking comprehension but short term retention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to earn more when you become a
    therapist or holistic practitioner, then it would
    make sense to have an open mind and move away from the mindset of treating your
    private practice as though it is a hobby, right.
    During tough phases of life, you need someone with whom you can share your marital problems openly.
    The school or university should have what is called the Commission on Accreditation in
    Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
    My page :: http://befohyyq.9k.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody necessarily assist to make critically articles I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual put up amazing. Fantastic activity!

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: http://bfd2.info

    ReplyDelete